Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Walking Marathon

Despite the two massive blisters that blossomed on my right pinky and left ring toe, respectively, the walking race was great. I got to talk with many students beyond the classroom barrier (amazed at how confident they were speaking English outside of class), and I shot three or four rolls of film in my Holga. I now feel like I truly know my way around Sendai, and if I ever got lost at midnight in Nagamachi Minami, I could probably wander home on foot just as easily as taking the bus. That is, if I didn't mind walking for six hours.

But the potato soup I mentioned? Yeah, well. It was tonjiru, or pork soup. Since when was pork soup an incentive for walking fifteen miles? Potato I can understand, but pork? And the last four kilometers the girls were all chanting ton-ji-ru, ton-ji-ru as if they were about to recieve manna from heaven.

Julianna and I went to see The Black Dhalia at The Mall, but I came out feeling a bit underwhelmed. It was nothing new, really. The same old noir. We did find out, however, that they will be playing Marie Antoinette sometime next month.

I'm off now to the Mediateque to meet up with a few students from the movie club here at school. I've been asked to head up the club when they graduate next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marie Antionette is a gem.

laura