Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Homeward Bound, I Wish I Was

Well ring a bell or bang a gong folks, because come December 22nd the lovely wife and I will be crossing the Pacific--eastward this time--and back to the old U.S. and A. Our feet will be tickling Maryland's fancy until January 3rd, when we will rotate the globe a hair counterclockwise, to Seattle, where we will dodge torrential rain for about a week. Then, on the 14th, back to the future, tomorrowland, Japan. We can't wait to see you all.

In other news, quite literally, I will be appearing on Japanese television this Friday, sometime between 6pm and 7, NHK channel 3. One of the teachers at my school is going to Qatar to referree an international basketball meet and a local news crew is doing a short piece on him. To show off his English prowess, the news crew wanted to know if I could do a little interview with him. Of course, this was all sprung on me unexpectedly this morning, as I came in late to school, unshaven and a bit rumpled after sleeping through my alarm. It went well though. I asked him a few questions about how he came to be a referree and what he is looking forward to seeing/doing in the Middle East. I also mentioned Julianna, that she was born in the region. The reporter then interviewed me a bit, asking what I thought of the teacher and his English abilities. Hopefully I'll post a video of the clip here after it airs, so watch out for my ugly mug.

1 comment:

Tania said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see the video!